What attributes contribute to becoming a great IT shop?
● The organisation has a clear purpose and view of where the business is going and what is to be
● The organisation is determined to achieve success and knows how to go about it.
● There is a healthy sense of urgency and everyone is expected to contribute.
● Everyone understands where they fit in and the value of their contribution
● There is full and open collaboration, cooperation and knowledge is shared
● People are treated with dignity and respect, they help each other and everyone has a voice.
● Diversity is valued for the richness it brings to conversation, thought, innovation and the all round
culture of the team
● People have fun and a good laugh from time to time.
● People have the opportunity and are encouraged to develop and learn.
● People and teams are recognised for their talents, skills, knowledge and contribution.
● People have an eagerness to get to work so they can get on with it and enjoy the satisfaction of
Why isn't every IT shop like that?
There is no reason why they can't be and every reason why we should each try to make them that way.
Aren't these the attributes usually found in a great working environment.
Return To INDEX Page